Monday Mix Tape

BEEEEEAAAAUTIFUL weekend here in the ATL. I even got a good bit of sun sitting outside watching our "adopted son" play in a soccer tournament. (Adopted son is the son of a wonderful friend of mine - I figure if you're going to "adopt" a kid, he might as well be a 16 year old good looking star goal keeper. All we have to do is cheer him on, and then his mother drives him home and has to deal with his stinky clothes and teenage craziness.)

I haven't stopped walking since the day after I got home from the hospital. It's been doing me a lot of good in many ways! I changed the battery in my heart rate monitor all by myself (don't tell the people at Polar - they want you to send it in and pay $20 - and believe me they put the fear of God into you about doing it yourself and voiding the warranty) now I can be sure I'm staying around the 130s which is no problem on the uphill parts but I have to work a little harder on the downhills to keep it up there.

I was working my way up to a 4 miler and completed that goal on Sunday.  4.17 miles actually! Long workouts are a blessing on the weekend. When you're not out eating and drinking there's so much more time for that kinda thing :)

This morning it was pouring rain and because I diligently checked the weather last night, I knew it was going to be nasty out and planned a 7am treadmill walk. I know myself and I know that if I didn't just get up and go to the gym it would never happen. I walked a boring 5k in an hour but now it's done and I feel pretty righteous about that. Tomorrow I may try the pool but then we have the dilemma of the fancy gym vs. the less than fancy Y. Fancy gym is a 30 minute drive. The Y is 3 minutes away but once I saw someone spit in the pool - I haven't been the same since. Oh and don't get me started on lane sharing (shudder). 

Soccer tournament Saturday started with my first meal in a restaurant since surgery. I wasn't worried because we were going to a breakfast place which makes eating out at this stage pretty easy.  I had half an egg with cheese and half a chicken sausage. I even googled the highest protein cheese and chose the best out of 10 choices even though it was probably a quarter of an ounce that I ate :) I'm happy to say it was a complete success. It wasn't weird, the server didn't get offended that I only ate half my egg. It was just normal. And enjoyable. And satisfying. It's amazing to me how much more you can enjoy the people around you and the good conversation when you aren't obsessing about food. Everyone at my table ate healthy but I was still surrounded by mountains of french toast and it didn't bother me in the slightest.

Have y'all used My Fitness Pal yet?? I've been using to track every single thing I eat and all my exercise and it's been extremely helpful. I can easily see that I'm increasing my calories every day and getting in my high protein requirement. Yesterday I finally made it into the 600s which is good since I'm burning about 400-500 and feel like I really need some food for fuel.

I'm gearing up for a busy work week now that I'm 100% recovered and everybody knows it. I must end this extra long mix tape and earn some money to pay the bills! Have a happy, healthy week everyone!